Sunday, October 23, 2011

Getting close to departure

We are now only seven days from our departure from Knoxville - one way tickets to the DR. The next stage in our lives. It's starting to become real and I am starting to get excited and looking forward to this move. My excitement is running only about three months behind Honey's.

We've got one car left to sell and a few boxes left to pack. It is amazing; we feel like we are taking very little with us, other than clothes, and we still have quite a number of boxes to load on the plane. Actually we will end up with one stuffed golf bag, two suitcases, and 9 boxes to check in at the airport in addition to two carry on's each. I'd hate to see how many boxes we'd have if we were taking "things". Oh well, we have to take some of us; we need to make our new home - our condo - our's.

This last week is going to be quite hectic. Last minute items to take care of; banking, post office, paperwork, wrapping up real estate items, dinner with friends, and my last week at BNI. We have had something to do every day and every evening for the last 10 days and this continues through this entire week.

We think we had planned this entire process fairly well, but if there is anything we did not anticipate well it is the disposing of the automobiles. We figured we could sell them without much effort and that has not been the case. I always knew that CarMax would buy them, but never figured their purchase price would be so low. I should have put them on the market much sooner to get the value out of them.

Packing boxes has been interesting. So that we do not have to pay an overage charge by the airlines, we have to stay at 50 pounds or less. So I pack two or three boxes and then take them to the UPS store in Sevierville, on Main street,  and get them weighed. This particular UPS store has been absolutely wonderful. They weigh each box for me, let me pull items if overweight, don't charge me for this, and are friendly, helpful,  and nice the entire time. The only items that I am purchasing from them are boxes.





Keep the end goal in sight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment